Monday, September 14, 2015

My experience with organizations

My whole life I have played hockey competitively. Levels were divided up by age groups and every 2 years the level changed. That being said every other year I was a part of the younger, new group. The other years I was one of the older players. On these teams, the beginning of the year always required everyone getting to know each other and learn each other's tendencies. By the end of the year, we all knew each other very well and had developed chemistry.

The transaction costs come at the beginning and end of each year. Each player develops over time and the cost of gaining or losing said player will increase. Every year coaches had to worry about losing the older players and gaining the younger. Personally I was worried about being the younger player that the next level coach wanted more.

1 comment:

  1. This post is late and it is rather skimpy. I hope on future posts you can get them done in a timely way and put in some more effort in their construction. Posts are supposed to be 600 words at a minimum. To generate prose of that sort, you need to get started earlier and give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete