Monday, September 7, 2015

Alan Krueger Econ 490

I graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor's degree in Industrial & Labor Relations. After my undergraduate years, I received my PhD in Economics from Harvard. From 1994-95 I served as the Chief Economist at the United States Department of Labor and have published many books on various economic thoughts.

My main focus was on the economics of employment and wages. I did a lot of research on the correlation between minimum wages and employment rates, for example, comparing restaurants of NJ and Pennsylvania. My work is still relevant today because of the ongoing debate on minimum wage.

Aside from my previous studies, in 2009 I began to serve on President Barack Obama's cabinet as an economic advisor. In 2011, I was nominated by President Obama to be the chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisors.

1 comment:

  1. You would think it and honor to be the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors. But watching Krueger on TV a couple of times while in that role, he looked extremely uncomfortable doing it. I don't think he was used to the all the politics.

    Switching gears, could you please write in the Blog description (found in your blog dashboard under Settings) that you are student in my class, not the real Alan Krueger. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete